Getting Ready for Winter Weather
Know Before You Go
- Email alerts – Customers can sign up to receive service alerts via email for a specific rail line during the times of day that are most important to them. To sign up, visit www.metrarail.com and My Metra to create an account.
- Ventra App – Customers can download the app and use the Transit Tracker for information about Metra trains, Pace buses and CTA trains and buses. The free app is available in the App Store or Google Play.
- Rail-Time Tracker – Customers can visit www.metrarail.com and access real-time information about train status and service alerts. This information is also reflected in the Schedule Finder tool, which allows you to generate a schedule between two stops on a line for a specific day.
- Twitter – Customers can visit www.twitter.com to follow each of Metra’s 11 rail lines or receive more general information about agency operations.
- Passenger Services – Customers can call 312-322.-777 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with questions about train schedules and service.
- Visit the National Weather Service website for the latest weather and storm-related information.
- Watch local television and listen to local radio stations for Metra travel and service updates.
- Give yourself plenty of time to travel to the station and park.
- Use caution when walking on wet or icy station platforms.
- If you are already traveling, listen for announcements at stations and on board trains.